Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ellie's 6th Month: 11.20 -12.20


Oh my sweet, sweet girl!  Could you REALLY be 6 months old already?  Where has my tiny newborn baby gone?  She will be forever in my mind, don't you worry!  What a fun month we have had getting ready for Christmas!  When you were born I imagined a cute chubby six month old baby girl sitting up in red and green outfits! And, here we are -- everything I imagined came true, except the chubby part!  You are such a skinny little thing!  You are still very wobbly while sitting but that is what boppy pillows and my arms are for!  I love you sweet thang!

Just when I thought you couldn't get cuter!!


Beginning of the month -- having fun at Aiden's birthday, hanging out with Eli in mommy and daddy's bed, being adored by the older girls at a community thanksgiving party, playing in the Johnny Jumper, welcoming daddy home from the hospital and enjoying all the extra cuddles -- Oh and having fun with a balloon for the first time!  Lots of fun to be had!

Your 1st Thanksgiving!  We celebrated at Grandma and Grandpa's house!  The food was yummy!  It was only us but we enjoyed each other!  You look so cute in your  (or Eli's)  "Mommy's little Turkey" shirt!

A fun comparison to Eli during his first TG wearing the same bib! Xo  Not sure who is cuter???  Who am I kidding you are both equally adorable!

Exploring animals at the zoo while in the baby bjorne, rocking Eli's hand-me-downs, sleeping in the JJ, grabbing those toes, more snuggles with a recovering daddy and playing trucks with Eli of course!  Xo
Its beginning to look a lot like Ellie's first Christmas!  You are sporting all kinds of Eli's Christmasy hand-me-downs -- mommy had a ball dressing you in his clothes!  You are beautiful in them and I am so glad the got to be used twice!  
Auntie Kiki  sent you some of the most adorable Christmas bows, leg warmers and tutus all the way from California!  We  were really getting ready for your first Christmas this week and you helped put us in the spirit of the holiday!  You also checked out this high chair this week but no food yet!  

Towards the end of the month Eli and daddy took a spill down the stairs that landed us at Children's Mercy for 1/2 the day.  Mike was probably more shook up and injured than she was but it was traumatic for all involved -- including mommy who heard it from the kitchen.  Thankfully, no one was severely injured.  Sweet girl in the hospital room!  Xo
Ellie's Likes:

Being outside
Bath time with mommy and brother and daddy too
Nursing -- she pops on and off and in between gives me a smile!
Bouncing -- but is weaning for sure
Baby TV and Baby Einstein DVD's
Being worn -- must face out!
Being whistled to, sung to, and talked to, blown at, sneezed at, funny faces, etc

Chewing on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!
Toys 

Watching Eli and Sammie 
Baby bjorne
Looking in the mirror
Having someone blow on her tummy
Being thrown up in the air

Ellie's Dislikes:

Car seat -- Yes, still -- each day is hit or miss but cries at least 50% of the time
Losing control of an object or toy
Mommy leaving her
Setting her down
Stillness

Ellie's 5 Month Milestones:

Sitting for up to a minute on her own
Rolling like crazy
Can scoot around pretty well too!

Stats: 14.6 lbs (15%) 27.5" (91%) and 22% of head circumference. 

Here were Eli's 6 month stats:

19lbs -- 74%
27.5 inches -- 82%
61% for head circumference 

Sleep:

Exactly the same as last month:

Ugh.  Not my favorite subject.  Ellie sleeps between 30mins and 1.5hrs (tops) at a time.  It is terrible.  Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?


I have no idea how I am getting anything done during the days since I am pretty much running on empty.  I feel like the moment I fall asleep she wakes back up.  I know she has a sleep crutch to nursing I just don't know how to break it with out all the crying -- she already cries enough during the day.  Mike still can't help at night so between Ellie, Eli and the dog I am up 10 or more times a night.  I literally dread night time.  My heart races and I can't seem to settle down because I know I will be up in such a short period of time.  I do co-sleep with Ellie 1/2 the night or so, depending on whether I feel like I have the energy to walk back to her room.  Co-sleeping helps but doesn't at the same time.  

Waiting for sleep miracle to happen, the sooner the better!

Breast Feeding:


Going well!  Loving all the sweet smiles!

Eli and Ellie: A Comparison


Mike and I make some pretty cute kids!

At this age they both:

Hate the car seat, Eli was just starting to get better and so is Ellie... little by little!
Love baths.
Love to chew on everything.
Terrible sleepers. Boo Hoo!
Are/were super CUTE!

They are different:

Eli had been sitting by himself for a whole month while Ellie is just now sitting on her own.  Eli was getting into the crawling position and rocking back and forth.  Ellie is not.  Eli was standing well while holding on to something (on his own).  Ellie is not.  She is about a month behind his physical milestones.  

Eli was much, much chubbier! 

Here is a link to Eli's 6th month post:

http://mikeandaliplusone.blogspot.com/2012/04/elis-6th-month-2142012-3142012.html


What I've learned...
Not getting sleep isn't the end of the world.  Preparing for Christmas with two kids is a lot of work but SO, SO much fun!  (I did 90% of my shopping at Good Will people!)

I am Extremely Blessed because...

Ellie is so sweet!  She loves her big brother and Sammie and they help me so much during the days to keep her entertained!

And, just because...

This is what it is like trying to get a picture of them both -- ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment