Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Friday, December 13, 2013

Ellie's 4th Month: 9.20 - 10.20

***This was actually written on time -- I've just been wanting to add pictures for the last TWO months!  So much has changed in Ellie even since October so I will try and get the next couple of posts done ASAP!

Oh Ellie Bellie!  You and you're brother are the BEST things to have ever happened to me!  I'm so in love you both.  Everyday I fall more and more in love with you -- I don't know how it is possible because I love you so much already but it happens!  You are the cutest, sweetest and wiggliest little baby right now!  We are having a blast making you laugh and watching you smile at Sammie and Eli!  It just keeps getting better and better girl!

From birth to four months!  

Weekly pictures, happy girl!


Beginning of the month: trying out the ergo (eh, not so much mom!), hiking with daddy, playing with Eli.

Fun times with Grandma!  Trampoline goodness!  Loving the Bumbo seat! 

Got to meet my Opa, Uncle Jason and Uncle Adam and see my Opa O on my daddy's 30th birthday!

I love to rock 'n roll!

Beautiful blue eyes.  Still can't break the swaddle.  A little chub on the thighs (mommy loves!).

End of the month: Ellie is getting ready for Halloween -- a little mouse.  She likes to play with her toes!  Cuteness is at an all time high!  


Ellie's Likes:

Being outside
Bath time with mommy and brother
Nursing -- she is starting smile while she nurses!  I love this!
Bouncing, but she doesn't "need" it as much anymore, thankfully!
Baby TV and Baby Einstein DVD's
Being worn -- must face out!
Being whistled to, sung to, and talked to, blown at, funny faces, etc

Chewing on ANYTHING she can get in her mouth but especially likes wet wash cloths
Toys

Watching Eli and Sammie some
Watching her mobile
Baby bjorn
Tummy time
Looking in the mirror
Having someone blow on her tummy

Ellie's Dislikes:
The Jumper and Play Gym just make her frustrated right now, she likes them for a few minutes but then if a toy gets away from her she FREAKS out!
Car seat, of course!

Ellie's 3 Month Milestones:
Uses hands together to bring object to mouth.
Communicating:  oohs and aahs, squeals, gurgles and laughs! She also started growl this month!  :)
Grabs both feet with both hands
Rolls from front to back often and from back to front a few times.
Stats: at 19 weeks she was 12lbs 11oz (She gains a little under 3oz a day) Skinny Minnie!
Very steady

Sleep:

HUGE regression this month! Boo hoo hoo!  For a few weeks she was literally waking every hour to every hour and a half.  It was no fun.  I was used to the 10 hours she was giving me!  It has slowly started to get better. 

Breast Feeding:


She loves to nurse just like her big brother.  We have repeatedly tried to get her to take a bottle with no luck.  So, date nights are not really an option for us until a little further down the road.  She likes to attend the SLE breast feeding support group with mommy and look at all the other babies!  It was truly a Godsend when I was going through all of the troubles with Eli and now I just enjoy going to support other moms and get some time with just Ellie (my mom takes Eli for a few hours on Mondays -- thank you Mom!).  

Eli and Ellie: A Comparison


Same age here!  They are looking less and less alike.


At this age they both:


Hate the car seat.
Love baths.
Love to chew on everything.
Terrible sleepers -- why?!?!

They are different:

Ellie likes the stroller -- just to be outside.  Eli did not like the stroller even if he was outside.Eli slobbered a ton.  Ellie does not.

Here is a link to Eli's 4 month post:

http://www.mikeandaliplusone.blogspot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html

What I've learned...

I can't leave Ellie in a room with just Eli now.  He bites!  Oh no!  He left TWO big, red bite marks on her tummy.  So sad.  I've got pictures to show when they are older and she starts biting him!

I am Extremely Blessed because...

Even though Ellie isn't sleeping the best, she is much happier than in her first few months of life.

XOxo,

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment