Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Confessions from a tired mama...

Okay, time be real and get real.

I am really struggling.

I need some encouragement from my "been there, done that" mommy friends.  Any tips, tricks or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

I am struggling with the constant feeling that I am not giving my kids MY best.

Why?

1.)  My energy levels are low.  I want to be the mom that can keep up with her kids.  But, lately, I feel like I am in a fog. I try not to be too hard on myself, because I know I am not getting the best sleep -- waking to feed Ellie 2-3 times a night.  But, I NEED to feel more lively. I'd like to eat better,too.   Any suggestions on how to meal plan with health in mind but still on a modest budget?  Time is a factor.  Any advice on how to kick up my energy a notch?  What have you tried that works?


2.) I am feeling down on myself, specifically my appearance.  Last pregnancy the weight literally fell off but this time it is sticking around! I'd like to be able to work out but I am having trouble fitting it in my schedule.  Any suggestions???  I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old so it makes it difficult because their sleeping times vary day to day.  Also, my husband works a ton so when he is home we try to be together as a family.  I'd like to wake up, work out and get ready before my kids wake up -- IS THIS POSSIBLE?  If you do, tell me how you make it work!

3.)  I end up cleaning when I should be spending time with my kids.  I have systems in place to stay organized but, again, I am struggling to find to time to get everything I need to done.  By the time I get the kids in bed, I am exhausted and Mike has to get back to work.  The house is a mess and I don't feel like picking it up and I usually just end up falling asleep while watching TV.  So, the next morning, instead of having a peaceful morning with my kids, I am trying to get my house clean.  It seems like a never ending cycle...  How do my mama friends keep their houses clean?


My goal is to be ready for the day before my kids wake up so that I can focus on them!  If you can help me achieve this, please don't be shy and give me some advice!!!

Thanks in advance! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment