Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Week 36: The SHOULD HAVE KNOCKED ON WOOD Week 5.19 - 5.25

Don't worry about the title, nothing too terrible happened to me this week.  It is really  just in reference to my last weeks title The FINGERS CROSSED Week.  I was really hoping that I would continue to have easy, breezy (if that is what you can call a normal 3rd trimester week) weeks until I go into labor.  But, my luck, this week wasn't like last.  

#1 Eli came down with some crazy, spring virus that caused him to have a fever, goopy eyes, and open sores on his tonsils.  Poor baby!  

#2 Shortly after Eli passed his sickness to me and Mike!  Yuk!  I feel awful: fever, sore throat, body aches, etc.  

#3 Pelvic Pain is back -- really wanting to visit my Chiro again but it is getting pricey!  

#4 Anxiety is setting in as I think about giving birth and recovery.  I actually had some heart palpitations along with a racing heart beat -- which I have never had in my life -- on Friday.  

So, yes, when I wrote last week's post wishing for a "normal" pregnancy from here on out -- I should have found some wood and put my knuckles to it a few times.  (I am not really superstitious -- just so you know).

Baby Milestones these Weeks: 
Week 36:



  • Ellie's getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on her own.
  • Her skin is getting smooth and soft and her gums are rigid.
  • Her liver and kidneys are in working order.
  • Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.



  • Best Moment(S) of the Week: My BFF since 4th grade had her baby boy on Friday morning!  I cried when I saw her text and FB announcement!  I can't believe she is a mommy and I love her little boy already!  I can't wait to meet him!  Congratulations to Katrina and Rufus!


    Had on OB appt this week (and will have one each week from here on out!) and she said I was measuring perfect and baby's heart beat sounded great.  She also checked my cervix and I am already 1 cm dilated at 35.5 weeks and Ellie's head is at a station -3.  I think Eli's head was at a -4 when we started pushing last time so I am thankful she has started her descent a little early!  I do NOT want to push for nearly 3 hours again!

    Also, Eli has been giving me lots of kisses with out me asking!  He just runs up to me and puckers up!  It is the cutest thing ever and melts my heart!  Can't wait to kiss baby girl!

    Obsession of the Week:  To-do lists.  

    Symptoms of the Week:  The ones I stated above.  Plus, and this may be TMI but I think have mostly female readers: lots of swelling "down there."  Doctor examined me and said it was semi-normal for this point in pregnancy but she could definitely see it (the swelling) and prescribed sitz baths to help with the discomfort.  


    Other than that, heart burn is regular but not too terrible -- thank you God!  

    And, I make 4-5 pee trips each night -- fun! NOT!

    Oh and I've been super weepy this week!  Talk about emotional!

    Epiphany of the Week: Eli has been waking up during the middle of the night this week because he is sick.  I've been asking Mike to go get him and then I will nurse him and put him back.  Mike has been VERY grumpy about this (and I've been playing the 36 weeks pregnant card!).  Uh Oh!  What is going to happen when we bring home our little girl and are waking constantly through out the night?!?! (Oh, how I DREAD this!)  We fought a lot about who was going to go get Eli once I went back to work and he was still waking through out the night.  I'm sure this will happen again but I am praying, praying that God blesses us with a sleeper this time!

    What I'm looking forward to most next week:  Reaching full term!  Yay!  


    What is different this time around? Last time I was worried about making substitute plans for 12 weeks.  This time it is much harder trying to keep up with a 20 month old all day -- meaning, lesson plans seam like a piece of cake to me now!  Being super pregnant with a toddler is hard!  I miss the days when I could nap whenever I wanted! (PS I know its going to get 10x worse when little girl arrives).

    To do list: (red is new)

    Time to PRIORITIZE!

    *Pull out infant car seat and install it. -- Still needs to get done -- #1 on our list!!!
    *Pack hospital bags!  -- Still needs to be done :(  #2 on our list!
    *Pull out swing and pack and play from basement storage.
    *Look into maternity and newborn photography -- did this (contacted a few neighbors) -- pricey!  But, we are scheduled for Friday the 31st!  I hope I am still pregnant!
    *Freeze a couple of meals for when she comes

    *Buy:
    nursing tanks -- I got some good recommendations from the BF support group ladies and I think I am going to go with Bravado -- get a few and see what I think, they are expensive but I think it will be worth it!  :)
    *Decorate the nursery -- we are 90% there.  Mike put the wall decor up this weekend!  Just a few finishing touches!
    *Buy a new cover for our glider -- I contacted a alterationist from our neighborhood, hope the price is right!
    *Hire a cleaning service and carpet cleaning service for when we are in the hospital
    * Organize the garage -- this really needs to be done because it is driving Mike and I crazy!  But, it is a BIG chore and I'm not so sure we are going to have the time!  
    * Get the car detailed but not too soon! 
    * Have a little weekend getaway (in KC) with Mike. -- Will use my friends' wedding this Saturday as a GREAT excuse to have Eli sleep over at gma and gpas!

    We crossed off A LOT this week!  


    36 Week Belly Pics:



    Couldn't resist snapping a picture at the wedding -- it was SO beautiful!!!



    With Eli -- August 2011


    Xo, Ali

    No comments:

    Post a Comment