Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week 31: The PAINTING Week -- 4.14 - 4.20

Week 31: The PAINTING Week -- 4.14 - 4.20

By the title of this blog post and considering this is a pregnancy update, you'd think we painted Ellie's nursery this week.  But, no, unfortunately her nursery still looks pretty bare.  However, we did complete 99% of the painting needed for our basement remodel.  I feel like that is all we have been doing the last couple of weeks is painting.  Painting the ceiling, the walls, the windows, the doors, the trim, and the built in Mike created (which was an insane amount of painting -- like 8 hours just for that and with Mike and I both working on it).  Regrettably, we still have to paint the door and the trim in the bathroom.  Well, actually, we'd like to paint the ceiling and walls in it too but we can live with those for the time being.  We HAVE to start focusing on getting ready for her so -- for now -- these last small chores are going on the back burner.

This week was yet ANOTHER week of blah weather here in KC!  We are finally seeing some signs of spring in our yard though!  But, today -- 4.23 we got a wintery mix of rain and sleet in the AM with a high of 41 -- are  you freaking kidding me?!?!?  COME ON SPRING!!!

A few signs of spring from our yard!


Baby Milestones these Weeks:  Ellie's going through major brain and nerve development these days. Her irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (She won't pick up anything from her nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)

Best Moment of the Week:  This was a busy week and Eli and I had lots of fun but Saturday night my mom took Eli so that Mike and I could attend a birthday and an engagement party.  Mike and I spend a fair amount of time in the car just the two of us -- talking.  This is a rarity.  It was nice.  I know that come June I can at least expect 6 months of "baby prison."  So, I'll cherish these last few moments that Mike and I get before baby girl arrives!

Obsessions this Week: "Cuties."  You know those little mandarin orange that are "made for kids."  Ya, well, I've been gobbling them up lately!  Poor Eli, I buy them for him and then I eat at least half of them.  I've always been a fruit girl -- Ellie probably will be too!

Symptoms this Week:  Pelvic pain and pressure.  Mostly after I've been standing all day. It is not fun -- the pressure feels like really terrible menstrual cramps and the pain can range from a dull throb to sharp, stabbing like pain.

Continued heart burn.

Continued discomfort while sleeping.

Epiphany this Week:  The next two months are going to be VERY uncomfortable.  My neighbor lent me the movie What to Expect while Expecting.  A must see for any pregnant women -- particularly in her 3rd trimester.  I definitely sympathize with Elizabeth Banks' character.  Pregnancy is not a walk in the park for me.  SO glad this is the last time I'll be doing it!  

What I'm looking forward to most next week: Our 2nd Monthly Eagle Creek Mom's Night Out at Houlihan's in LS.  It is on Thursday and currently (Tues) I am sick, hoping I will feel lots better so I can attend and enjoy some kid free time with other neighborhood mamas!




What is different this time around?  I am finally getting my linea nigra -- but it is still pretty light and only on the top half of my belly.  

To do list: (red is new)

*Buy:
nursing tanks
pacifiers, diapers, etc
Ergo baby carrier
*Decorate the nursery
*Organize nursery, wash clothes, etc
*Finish basement remodel -- Painting is almost 100% complete.  We now just have to put the trim boards around the carpet and caulk.  Mike's 60" TV is to be here on Friday so I hope it we can get it done in the next couple of days.  Pics to come!
*Sew a new cover for the glider and ottoman -- I've asked my mother to do this and she happily obliged! Mom, you still up for this?  :)
*Look into maternity and newborn photography
*Schedule a hospital visit for mid-April -- DONE -- April 29th.
* Organize the garage -- Not sure if this is really realistic with Mike's work schedule lately.  
* Get the car detailed but not too soon! Pull out infant car seat and install it.
* Have a little weekend getaway (in KC) with Mike.  It will probably only be one night but  we need it! We scheduled for my parents to take Eli this weekend, but now I am sick! :(  And, next weekend they will be in the QC for my cousin's college graduation.  So, this may have to be pushed back until the weekend of 5/10 - 5/11.  We will see.

31 Week Belly Pics:

Too busy painting this week, I forgot to take a belly shot... :(  Here I am at 31 weeks with Eli though:

With Eli -- July 2011.


Thanks for all of your sweet comments about the name we chose for our precious daughter -- Ellie Angell.  I think if you knew me when I was Ali Angell you appreciate it even more.  I hope baby girl loves it as much as her dad and I do!

XO,

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment