Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 30: The SUGAR and spice and everything nice Week: 4.7 - 4.13

Week 30: The SUGAR and spice and everything nice Week: 4.7 - 4.13

I realized this week that sugar has been a friend (probably a little too good of) during this pregnancy.  I failed my initial glucose challenge test and had to take the oh, so fun 3 hour test to see if I did in fact have gestational diabetes.  Luckily for me that results came back negative.  However, for the 2 days I thought maybe I did have GD I tried to watch my sugar in take and boy, have I been craving some sweets for the past 7 months!

I will say that the 3 hour test isn't something I'd ever just sign up for.  12 hours of fasting, 1 extremely sugary drink, 4 blood draws and 3 hours of waiting at the doctors office just isn't my idea of fun.  Again, I feel blessed that the results were negative.

This week was pretty normal.  My sister and I did have a play date at my parents house and Eli and Kate our finally really playing together.  It is super cute.  My mom even took them both for a couple of hours so my sister and I could get away and enjoy some kid-free time.  Other moms, -- can I get an Amen?!?



Late Friday our good friends from college, Shara and Jeff,  came from TN to stay with us so they could attend the CoC World Conference over the weekend.  They have a 3 month old daughter, Lainey, who is absolutely adorable!  She was such a smiley little baby!  Shara said she is like this most of the time!  I couldn't believe it -- Eli was such a fuss pot at that age -- and, well still can be!  I hope and pray (and please join me if you feel so inclined) that Ellie (yes, we have a name!!!) will not get her older brother's temperament and will be a happy, happy baby!  Anyways, we didn't get to see them much but it was such a good time visiting with them, catching up and seeing them as parents!  Miss them.



Baby Milestones these Weeks: Week 30 - As Ellie's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue.  She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger. 

Best Moment of the Week:  Visiting with Shara and snuggling with her beautiful daughter Lainey!  Shara has always had the gift of giving and she brought us some adorable baby girl clothes, blankets and even some newborn diapers!  Thank you Shara!

Obsessions this Week: Trying to be conscience of what I am eating.  Failing the initial glucose test put my eating habits into perspective.  I've already gained 14 lbs from my initial weigh in and 19 lbs from my lowest weight check!  With 10 more weeks to go, I could easily gain more than 30 lbs which is 10 lbs more than I did with Eli!  Uh Oh!

Symptoms this Week:  The heartburn is getting super intense!  Almost anything I eat it brings it               on and leaves my chest feeling like it is on fire.  NO fun at all!  

With each passing day, I am more and more uncomfortable!  The front of pubic bone came apart during my labor with Eli -- the condition is called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction.  It is super painful.  Months after Eli was born I did receive some physical therapy for it.  However, now that I am growing bigger and bigger the pain is back!  It aches and aches.  

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/symphysis-pubic-dysfunction.aspx




What I'm looking forward to most next week:  Calling baby girl by name:

Ellie Angell Stephens

Angell is my maiden name.  It is pronounced Angel -- like the heavenly being!  :)

Here is a link to her big name reveal:

http://mikeandaliplusone.blogspot.com/2013/04/her-name-finally.html

What is different this time around?  I may sound like a broken record but we still have A LOT to do before Ellie arrives!  With Eli we were just doing the final touches on things at this point...

To do list: (red is new)

*Decide on a name 
*Buy:
nursery furniture -- We found a great set through our neighborhood FB group.  Great price!  A BIG thanks to Mike's parents for offering to pay for this!!!  What a blessing for us and baby girl!
nursing tanks
pacifiers, diapers, etc
I really want to get an Ergo baby carrier but we shall see
*Decorate the nursery
*Finish basement remodel -- We did A LOT of painting this past weekend and it is really starting to look amazing!  I am SO excited!  I still think we have 2-3 weekends of good work but we are getting close!
*Sew a new cover for the glider and ottoman -- I've asked my mother to do this and she happily obliged!
*Look into maternity and newborn photography
*Schedule a hospital visit for mid-April -- need to get on this ASAP -- I called about this but they haven't called me back yet...
* Organize the garage
* Get the car detailed but not too soon!
* Have a little weekend getaway (in KC) with Mike.  It will probably only be one night but  we need it!  

Bump pic:

I thought I would do a bare belly pic since I've hit 30 weeks!  :)

I don't have a comparison pic from last time!

Thanks for staying in touch with the Stephens!  Keep praying for baby Ellie!

XO,

Ali





1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to see! You are an adorable pregnant woman! Ellie Angell is very lucky to have such a sweet mommy and daddy! Hope to see you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete