Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 26: The BUSY Week -- 3.10 - 3.16

It has been a week crammed full of FUN, but I am one tired mama!  Thursday and Friday were heavenly as temperatures soared into the 70's!  
Eli enjoying the sun in our backyard sandbox!
Followed by a weekend of highs in the 40's with rain and sleet!  That is Midwest weather for ya!  :(  Hoping that the sun will come back soon and stay around for awhile because...

Monday - Eli and I met my friend Lara at McAllister's Deli here in LS.  He was such a good boy and let us sit and chat for a good hour! 
Tuesday - Took Eli to Flip Zone for the second week in a row.  He had a blast running on the trampoline!
Wednesday - Met up with my friend Alyssa and her son who is 6 months older than Eli at Chick-fil-a. The boys we so good and had fun checking out the play area.
Thursday - Went to the Zoo with my friend Rachel and her two kiddos.  She babysat for Eli a year ago on Monday's while I was still teaching -- she was such a blessing! The weather was chilly at first but warmed up quickly and the kids really enjoyed seeing the animals.

Friday - My sis and I met up at Burr Oaks in Blue Springs.  Eli LOVED it.  We had a little picnic in the woods overlooking a creek and so enjoyed the nice weather!!

Saturday -  Mike and I took Eli (and Sammie) to the annual LS Emerald Isle Parade.  SO FUN!  
Notice we are back in winter coats for the parade!

Whew, what a week!  I would much rather be busy than not.  It is hard for me to think back to a few months ago when I was on modified bed rest.  SO. GLAD. THAT. IS. OVER.  Thank you Lord for allowing my body to heal and for all the good friends and family that you have placed in my life who make it that much better!


Baby Milestones this Week: Baby girl is soaking up my antibodies, getting her immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and she'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.



Best Moment of the Week: Too many to choose!  I had a blast with Eli this week!  I can't wait till little girl gets here and can join in on the fun!

Obsessions this Week: Loving the bigger kicks and punches and seeing the movement all the time -- through my shirt when I look down!  I love you baby girl!

Watching my stomach bounce around while Eli moves.  I may have said this before but, he can even move my laptop if I'm leaning it on my belly while working.  He is going to be a strong boy! (June 2011 -- 26 weeks with Eli)

Symptoms this Week:  Funny, but exactly the same as last time!  See below!

Heart burn!  I have never had heart burn before so I don't think I knew what I was experiencing the first couple of times I had it.  But, I've begun notice that after I eat (especially anything unhealthy) that I get this burning sensation in my upper chest and even towards my throat.  It isn't very pleasant.  However, I've heard the more heart burn you have the more hair the baby will have.  Not sure if this is true?  Anyone have a testimonial to share? (June 2011 -- 26 weeks with Eli)

Epiphany this Week:  I am quickly approaching my third trimester!  Really?!?!?  Where has the time gone?  It seems like yesterday I was writing a post about how slow this pregnancy was going and how I wish I could just press fast forward and June 22nd would be here.  Now that I am not constantly worrying and am getting out the door much more often the time seems to be flying by!  We still have SO much to do!!!  We aren't checking off any of our "to-do's" and the basement remodel isn't going as quickly as we expected.  We really need to get some of the essentials done ASAP because I don't want to leave them hanging until I'm 35 weeks when I know I won't feel like doing anything at all!

What I'm looking forward to most next week:  Eli has his 18 mo check up and we are going to chat with our doctor about how to prepare little boy for little girl!  We are also meeting with our PaT representative -- she is the bomb!  She has 5 kids and I know she will have some good tips for us too!

What is different this time around?  With E, we painted his nursery this week and had ALL of his nursery furniture.  We had also had one of our four showers and begun to organize supplies.  Lets just say we are currently waaaay behind where we were with Eli at this point.


To do list: (red is new)

*Decide on a name -- we are getting closer
*Buy:
nursery furniture
double stroller -- trying to choose between a side by side or a front to back, got some really excellent feedback from other moms on FB but now I seem to be even more confused...  We shall see!
nursing tanks
pacifiers, diapers, etc
video monitor
*Decorate the nursery
*Finish basement remodel 
*Sew a new cover for the glider and ottoman
*Look into maternity and newborn photography
*Get breast pump out and organize supplies
*Schedule a hospital visit for mid-April
*Plan a low-key "sprinkle" for baby girl (we do not need a full-blown shower as we have been mightily blessed, but I'd like to celebrate her upcoming arrival with family and friends in some way or another)


Week 26 Belly Pics:




With Eli -- June 2011


Much love to you all!  Prayers for a blessed spring!

Xo,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment