Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 25: The SMOOTH SAILING Week -- 3.3 - 3.9

*** Red and Strawberry Blonde are still tied 4 to 4 in the poll to the right -- if you haven't got a chance to vote, please do!

*** Please forgive my many grammatical errors!  I have never been the best writer, and for some reason, when I edit immediately after writing I do not see the blatant errors I've made?!?  However, days later I always go back and read my posts and find multiple mistakes -- and, of course, turn red with embarrassment.  Sometimes, I fix them and sometimes I figure most people who read my blog have already done so, so what is the point?  Really, I am just trying to make myself feel better about all the typographical errors I make in each post and am looking for some sympathy... I can't even blame this on pregnancy brain because I do it regardless if I am growing another human or not... :)

Smooth sailing from here on out!  Mike and I got some really good news at our OB appointment on Friday! The SCH has shrunk 90% and our doctor does not foresee any future complications.  She expects us to go full-term.  :)  Mike and I are thrilled!  Now that we have complete confidence in this pregnancy, I am no longer wishing the weeks away and am trying to consume each moment of just the three of us.  Before I know it, we will be a family of four and our precious little girl will be here to complete us.

It is still VERY chilly here in KC which makes it hard to spend any extended amount of time outdoors, especially when it is windy.  The snow is finally melted though!  :)  I'd be okay with not seeing anymore fluttering flakes until next winter.  Make that Christmas 2013 please!  However, Eli and I had lots of fun this week exploring new indoor attractions.  He's such a sweetie and has turned into such a cuddle bug!  I am really looking forward to watch him cuddle up and kiss his baby sis!

Funville at CC, Mommy and Me at Flip Zone and a nice walk around the neighborhood!
Baby Milestones this Week:  That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and She is learning to distinguish right side up from upside down.



Best Moment of the Week:  Our OB visit.  We got to see baby girl wiggling around in my womb -- as happy as can be.  Everything looked absolutely amazing!  The blood clot shrunk 90%.  I no longer have a low lying placenta.  Doctor says to expect healthy baby girl in JUNE!  Could the results have been any better?  :)  

Baby girl is small.  She was only in the 31st percentile for weight -- 1lb 9oz at 25 weeks.  For a comparison, Eli was 1 lb 12oz at his 20 week u/s -- 5 weeks earlier!  OB said she doesn't even become concerned unless baby is in the single digits as for as percentiles.  I'm not worried -- in fact, I'd prefer a smaller baby.  Pushing Eli out was no easy chore and I'd love, love, love to be able to say I only pushed for 15 minutes and she arrived!  (Wishful thinking, I know!)  

Obsessions this Week:  I am still craving desserts like an elephant craves peanuts.  Oh, and I am beginning to feel like an elephant!  I think the two are related!  :)

Symptoms this Week:  I'm beginning to feel really uncomfortable while sleeping.  Oh no!  I have 15 more weeks to go -- yikes!  That is over three months of tossing and turning!

I am still having sacrum pain, leg cramps and a very stuffed up nose.  Boo.  On the bright side, she is moving like crazy and I love it!

Epiphany this Week:  Day Light Savings sucks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse when you have young kids.  Right when you think you are on a good schedule, bam!!! you lose an hour or gain an hour -- and, I am not sure which one is worse!  

What I'm looking forward to most next week: We'll see if this happens, but the forecast for Friday shows 66 degrees and sunny!  I'd love to soak up some sun while Eli runs around in our back yard!  

What is different this time around?  Last time at 25 weeks I had just begun to see my linea nigra (dark line down the center of your belly).  No sign of this line so far!  I am sure in the next couple of weeks it will appear!  But, I'd be okay if it never did -- that pesky thing stayed around for a good 6 months post Eli's birth!

To do list: (red is new)

*Decide on a name -- we are getting closer
*Buy:
nursery furniture
double stroller
nursing tanks
pacifiers, diapers, etc
*Decorate the nursery
*Finish basement remodel - this coming week our drywall will be done and Mike is going to start building our cabinets.  Here is similar to what we are thinking: 
Yes, my husband is a handy man!!!
*Sew a new cover for the glider and ottoman
*Mike wants to paint the house!
*Look into maternity and newborn photography
*Get breast pump out and organize supplies
*Schedule a hospital visit for mid-April

Week 25 Belly Pics:

You can see my short hair better in this pic!  What d you think?

With Eli -- June 2011

Lots of love to all the other prego moms who read my blog and everyone else!  The support is tremendous and the prayers have been answered!  

XO,

Ali

4 comments:

  1. So happy that you've got such great reassurance and news from the Dr! :) I totally hear you about the discomfort though... I'm peeing 5 times a night and in some pretty bad pain in my lower areas! 15 week might drag on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! So very happy prayers have been answered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cognrats! What great news! (and I love the built inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!! :) Love you! I love your plan for downstairs. Your hair looks gorgeous! You're a beautiful mama!!! Xo Lib

    ReplyDelete