Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week 24: The VIABILITY Week -- 2.24 - 3.2

**Don't forget to vote on what hair color you think baby girl will have.  There is a poll at the top of the right side bar.  We have 8 votes so far -- red and strawberry blonde are tied for first!  I'm thinking blonde like Eli.  I know way more than 8 people view this blog when I publish a new post so humor me and vote!  It is anonymous!  ;)  Thanks!  

Since December 26th Mike and I have been praying for this week to arrive.  24.  The week a baby reaches viability and can (with fairly good odds) live outside of the womb.  This milestone seemed like it was forever and a day away.  But, the weeks have passed -- some slower than others -- and sure enough it is here!!!  God is good!!!  Right now if something were to happen causing our precious baby girl to enter this world early, she would have a 40 - 70% chance of survival.  The percentages rise fairly rapidly with each week from here on out and once we hit 28 weeks -- March 30th -- it will feel like we are finally out of the woods for good!  See chart below.

21 weeks and less0%
22 weeks0-10%*
23 weeks10-35%
24 weeks40-70%
25 weeks50-80%
26 weeks80-90%
27 weeks>90%
30 weeks>95%
34 weeks>98%

Its been a good week!  Another week with NO blood!  Such a blessing.  (It just doesn't feel right to bleed during pregnancy -- even when you know what is causing it!) 

There is still snow on the ground in KC!  We are definitely battling cabin fever but try to get out at least once a day to enjoy the sunshine and, if you are Eli, eat some snow.  

I had a glorious hair appointment!  Love my hairdresser.  She is 30 weeks pregnant so we had fun talking about anything and everything pregnancy.  I chopped 6 inches off.  Feels good.  I was ready for a change, must be the weather. 

Mike's work has slowed some and I've enjoyed having him around more often.  He and my dad continued to work on the basement remodel this week.  The wall is totally down now and we are ready to start dry wall hanging and repair!

Baby Milestones this Week: Baby girl's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, her newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow. :)

Best Moment of the Week: Nothing feels better than knowing that if I were to go into labor that our little girl could live!  Thank you VIABILITY week and thank you GOD for getting us here!

Obsessions this Week: Baby girl clothing! 

Pink. Check. 
Ruffles.  Check.
Bows.  Check.
Diaper covers.  Check.
Dresses.  Check.

Oh me, oh my!  Am I in for a treat or what?  I've never been ashamed to admit -- I am a girly girl through and through.  But, now that I am actually able to shop for my very own baby girl, I am completely and utterly tickled PINK!  Check out the adorable summer outfits I found at a local consignment sale.  Less than $2.00 a piece people!  




And, since we are talking all things girly -- my amazingly talented sister gave me these cute  infant head bands to adorn baby girl with once she arrives.  Libby actually has her own business -- Lib. Laugh. Love. -- and if you haven't had a chance to check out her FB page, you are missing out!  She sells beautiful jewelry and scarves for very reasonable prices!  

https://www.facebook.com/LibLaughLove?fref=ts




Symptoms this Week: Continued sacrum pain as well as I am experiencing leg cramping while sleeping.  I go to stretch my legs and whoa -- pain!  I remembered -- maybe Mike taught be this -- from last time to point my toes upward and the pain quickly subsides.  Funny, huh? 

I think my stuffed up nose is here to stay until the very end!

Epiphany this Week:  I was going to say that God is good but I already knew that.  However, his love and faithfulness continue to amaze me everyday of this pregnancy.  

What I'm looking forward to most next week: Friday's ultrasound.  Feeling pretty good about it.  Of course, I'd love for the hematoma to be undetectable but I am prepared for it still to be hanging around.  I am also excited to see baby girl rolling around in my womb!  Mike and I have had our fair share of ultrasounds but it never gets old.  To have a screen in front of you that enables you to see what is happening with the baby inside of you is incredible to say the least!  

What is different this time around?  With Eli's pregnancy, I had never even heard the term "viability". I didn't know that once I hit 24 weeks he could have been born and survived.  My doctor didn't ever mention it -- no need to with an uncomplicated pregnancy.  With this pregnancy, this week has -- as you can tell -- been our main goal for quite some time.  Here's to 28 weeks!

To do list: (red is new)


*Decide on a name -- we are getting closer
*Buy:
nursery furniture
double stroller
nursing tanks
pacifiers, diapers, etc
*Decorate the nursery
*Finish basement remodel
*Sew a new cover for the glider and ottoman
*Mike wants to paint the house!
*Look into maternity and newborn photography


Week 24 Belly Pics:


Growing, growing!  You can't really tell but I chopped 6 inches off my locks this week!



With Eli, May 2011.

I know I've said it before and I know I'll say it again but thank you all so much for your prayers and support!  Please continue.  :)

XOxo,

Ali

7 comments:

  1. Hello friends, pleasant paragraph and nice urging commented here, I am actually enjoying by these.


    Look at my web blog - buy Solar panels cape Town

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to pay a visit this website and reading the views of all mates about this article, while I am also keen of getting know-how.

    Feel free to visit my web page: ranger forum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Studying this information So i'm satisfied to express that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I came upon just what I
    needed. I most without a doubt will make sure to do not omit this web site and give it a look
    regularly.

    Here is my blog: http://arcadefanatic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, I found your web site by means of Google at the same time as looking
    for a similar subject, your web site got here up, it appears great.

    I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

    Hi there, just turned into alert to your weblog thru Google, and located that it's truly informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful in the event you continue this in future. Many other folks will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    my weblog; stretch mark lotion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings I am so thrilled I found your web site, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways
    I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love
    the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over
    it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added
    your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back
    to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent jo.


    My web blog ... Gloxem.Com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have any video of that? I'd care to find out more details.

    Also visit my web blog how to get rid of Stretch marks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I ԁo think thіs iѕ a greаt blοg.
    I ѕtumbledupοn it ;) I mаy return once
    again ѕincе і hаve bοοκ-markеd it.
    Мoney and fгeedom is the best way tο
    changе, may you bе riсh and cоntinue to helр otheгs.


    Loοk іnto mу web ρage ::
    reputation management

    ReplyDelete