Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 23: The SNOWED IN Week -- 2.17 - 2.23

Baby, its cold outside!  What a week we have had in KC!  I think we measured 11 inches of snow in our yard!  CRAZY!  We are expecting another 8- 12 in the next couple of days!  I'm not sure how much I like being pregnant during the winter months!  I'd much rather be outside enjoying the sun and moving around.  Maybe it would be different if I didn't have a toddler or if I could go to the gym?  However, we have had some fun with the snow and I can't wait for my 6+ month old baby girl to enjoy it next year!  Eli really liked the snow when he was a baby so I hope she is the same way!

What we've been up to on our "snow days": watching it fall from our window, building forts out of couch cushions, building a snowman, and shoveling!!

Other than the snow, there has been nothing too exciting around the Stephens' house lately.  Mike is bogged down with work, as usual, and I am looking forward to the "end of February" as he has promised for months and months that his work load would be lighter starting in March!  I hope so because we have so much to do to get ready for baby girl and I just plain miss him!

Baby Milestones this Week: Her little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for Baby Girl: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples!  

Best Moment of the Week: Mike felt baby girl kick!  Yay!  She is a strong girl!

Obsessions this Week: Sweets again!  I am really not looking forward to hopping on the scale at our March 8th appointment. :/

Symptoms this Week:  Funny because this is exactly what I am experiencing this week and below is what I wrote last time at 23 weeks:

Sacrum pain!  I had some pretty horrible pains near my tailbone on the right side.  At times, I could barely sit down or get up (stabbing - type pains).  

Unfortunately, my OB doesn't want me to see a Chiropractor which helped so so much last time.  She said if the pain gets bad to have Mike give it a rub each night and apply heat.  If it gets too bad, she'll set me up with a physical therapist.  

My nose is getting so bad that I am waking up with blood running out of it.  Yuk!

Epiphany this Week:  Baby girl is so blessed to be part of a long line of generous, kind, caring and loving mothers:

Picture will make sense if you read the post linked below.  :)

When Mike read the letter, he cried.  He said it was beautiful and that he was excited to tell our daughter about how wonderful his mother and grandmother are too!  Baby girl is so lucky to have 3 wonderful grandmothers who already love her so much and are such amazing role models!

What I'm looking forward to most next week:  Reaching VIABILITY!!!  I have waited a loooooooooooooooooooong time for March 3rd!  And, it is almost here!  As for an SCH update -- nothing new to tell.  NO bleeding for over 3 weeks!  Yay!

What is different this time around?  The weather.  Last time I was just getting out of school, hitting my parents pool at least twice a week which was glorious for my growing belly!  Now, its snowy and slushy and cold and I'm stuck inside!  Come soon spring!!!

To do list:

*Decide on a name
*Buy:
nursery furniture
double stroller
nursing tanks
pacifiers, diapers, etc
*Decorate the nursery
*Finish basement remodel
*Sew a new cover for the glider and ottoman
*Mike wants to paint the house!

I know there are other things but this is what is on my mind right now.


Week 23 Belly Pics:



With Eli May 2011
We are so thankful for our friends and family and for you!  Continue to pray for us!

XOxo,

Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment