Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 21: The TYPICAL Week -- 2.3 -2.9


I'm calling this week the "typical" week because it was your run of the mill second trimester week.  Finally, right?!?!?!  I had no extreme symptoms and a decent amount of energy.  I didn't think much about my SCH and it is the first week in six I haven't had any bleeding at all.  :)  Unfortunately, I didn't get into a "normal" routine like I had hoped for last week.  I'm really terrible at waking and getting myself ready before Eli gets up -- I need to set my alarm and stick to it.  Hopefully with the alarm set and a good amount of motivation, I'll get myself out of bed a little earlier so I can be showered and ready for Eli when he wakes up!  If I can't get on a routine with just one child, what am I going to do with two?! (I wrote this paragraph before I started to really feel icky -- so my hopes aren't that high for this week -- but, next for sure!)

This week started great as we attended one of Eli's dear friend and neighbor's 2nd Birthday Party!!  It was Superbowl Sunday and the adults enjoyed the game while the kids ran around and played!  It is so nice to live in a neighborhood with so many kids Eli's age and so many friendly people!  (I hope baby girl finds as many friends close to her age as Eli has!) Happy 2nd Birthday little guy!!!


On Tuesday I met up with my sister and some friends to attend Grain Valley's B&B Theater Grease Sing-a -long!  Mike thought I was crazy to pay to see a 35 year old musical!  But, it was a ton of fun and I was reminded how amazing it is to first fall in love!  Talk about complete and utter infatuation!  I fell hard for this man 6.5 years ago!!!  Although I know its going to be a long time from now (thank God!) I hope that my children will find a love that is as special as Mike and I's!

Mike and I a few weeks into dating!  
Later in the week, Eli and I attended a Valentine's Day Pint Size Play Party that the LSPR put on!  It was a ton of fun and I hope to continue to expose Eli to these activities when baby girl arrives.  Another reason to get motivated about setting up a daily routine and sticking to it!



He is definitely ALL boy!

Mike did start on removing the wall from our basement and it already looks so much bigger and brighter!  My dad and our neighbor Shawn came to help! Thanks! I will post pictures as we continue to progress with our basement remodel project.  Our goal is to have it finished by the end of March.  I'll be just heading into my 3rd trimester and I know nesting will be at its peak.  It will be SO SO nice to have all of the toys down stairs before baby girl arrives!  I am also super excited to have a space where the kids and I can go to hang out, play and relax together -- with out having to worry about the clutter of toys as you walk in the front door (because they will all be down stairs)!

Baby Milestones this Week: Baby girl's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill her first diaper after birth. 


Best Moment(s) of the Week: No bleeding!  Hip, hip horaaay!

Obsessions this Week: Mommy Guilt.  Towards the end of the week (Friday night) I started to get a sore throat and it seems to be manifesting into a full blown sinus infection (Monday morning).  Boo!  Being sick and taking care of a well child is rough stuff (b/c all you want to do is lay on the couch, drink hot tea, watch TV and sleep) but being sick with a well child and being pregnant -- Boo hoo hoo!  NO FUN AT ALL.  Plus, I have all this "mommy guilt" mounting that I am not doing enough with Eli or I feel bad that Mike hasn't had much of a break at all lately and now he has me to worry about.  I have to remind myself that he is Eli's parent too and it is okay for him to look after Eli on the weekend if I am down for the count.  Even when I do remind myself of this -- and Mike is such a great dad to Eli and really enjoys his time with him on Saturday and Sunday -- I still feel I should be doing something... 

Symptoms this Week:  Normal...baby kicks, waking up several times a night to pee, stuffy nose, etc

Epiphany of the Week: I'm sure I won't really understand until she comes but two must be harder than one.  Eli is a fairly demanding little boy and if his sister is anything like him... Boy, will our lives change!  Or should I say -- Girl, will our lives change!  Currently, as Mike puts it, we play zone defense and one of us can catch a break for a few hours on the weekend.  However, soon we will be playing man to man and those breaks, I fear, will be few and far between.  For those with two kids -- how was your transition?  Any tips?

What I'm most looking forward to next week:  We have an appointment with the OB on Valentine's Day.  Looking forward to seeing and talking to her about baby girl's progress and where we go from here. 

What is different this time around? At this point in our pregnancy with Eli we had just found out about his hydronephrosis.  Knowing me, you can probably hypothesize with some certainty that I worried about his condition (maybe a little too much) -- and you'd be right.  So last pregnancy I had just started to worry about something and this time I feel like I am finally starting to relax a little.  Pregnancy and me just don't mix very well I guess!  :) 

Week 21 Belly pics:


Mike says I already look full term, ha!  I'm like do you remember how BIG I got with Eli?  I guess since it actually happened to me I can remember it a bit better!  Although I do already feel big, I know I am going to get much, much bigger!

With Eli - May 2011


Keep saying those prayers for baby girl, specifically that the hematoma will be completely healed shortly!  God is hearing them and blessing us!  Thank you so much!!!

Love, Ali

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful Ali, and I love reading your blog. You are so blessed and by the way, girls are much easier than boys! So enjoy your journey because it goes so fast. Love you, Aunt Alice



    ReplyDelete