Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 20: The HALF WAY Week: 1.27 - 2.2

What does 20 weeks mean to me?  We are half way to meeting our baby girl!  Yes, we still have 5 months of cooking to do but I'm choosing to let the optimist part of me win (Lord, knows we need to see more of her these days) and see this milestone with the philosophy of "the glass is half full"!  Five weeks ago, reaching 20 weeks seemed like an eternity away -- but here we are!  Thank You Lord for allowing this baby girl to continue to grow and thrive!
Screen shot of my phone - WTE app at exactly 20 weeks

This week has probably been the best week since I was diagnosed with the SCH.  I only bled a tiny bit at the beginning of the week and have been blood free for 5 days!  :) :) :)  I also had a good visit with my OB:

http://www.mikeandaliplusone.blogspot.com/2013/01/ob-visit-131-two-big-sighs-of-relief.html

Furthermore, I've been doing more and more around the house.  It is such a relief to be able to keep up with house work and care for Eli with out needing much help.  I'm still supposed to be resting at least a few hours each day with my feet up and of course refraining from exercising and lifting Eli.  But, besides this I can pretty much return to my normal routine.  :)

This week we had another FUN neighborhood play date!  There were two boys and two girls and they were all Eli's age!  As long as we don't move they will all be heading to Kindergarten together in 4.5 years!  It was cute to see them interact and makes me anxious to see how Eli responds to his little sister!  He is a sweet boy and loves to give hugs and kisses -- he has even given my belly a few smooches!  I hope that he isn't too traumatized by a fairly sudden drop in attention towards him and falls quickly in love with her!
Eli wearing his "BIG" brother shirt for the first time!
Eli and Baby Stephens' cousin Kate's 1st Birthday Party was Saturday!  It was so much fun to see my sweet niece try her first taste of cake and soak up all the love and attention from family and friends.  She is truly the sweetest, happiest baby!  I hope our little girl inherits her cousin's sweet disposition!!!
Happy FIRST Birthday Kate!
Baby Milestones This Week: Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. 




Best Moment of the Week:  Getting to chat with my OB about my concerns.  I can tell that she is becoming more and more confident in the outcome of this pregnancy which helps to relieve my anxieties as well.

Obsessions this Week:  Cleaning.  Since I'm actually able to move around and clean -- I've been having a lot of fun doing it!  :)  Weird huh?  Also, Mike and I have enjoyed planning our basement remodel.  Sometime in the next couple of weeks him and my father  will start the process of tearing down a wall, repainting the ceiling and walls, constructing a built-in, transplanting carpet, etc.  It should take a good month of weekend work but in the end it will be so nice to have a space where we can all hang out!  We plan on putting ALL of the toys down stairs so our main living space wont be so cluttered!  I am excited to get this done before baby comes but am a little apprehensive at the same time.  Mike and I know all too well that remodels are A LOT of work and sometimes unexpected things can slow you down!  But, my husband and father are extremely handy so my confidence is in them!
Mike made this model on NFM's website.  Our basement isn't really big but it should be enough space for us to hang out and the kids to play!
I hate to admit this but I have another obsession this week.  Micky D's fries.  I think I had them three times this week!  I am currently one pound heavier than I was at 8 weeks and 6 pounds more than I was pre-pregnancy with Eli (not sure what my pre-pregnancy weight was this time around).  I had a crazy "fry" week with Eli's pregnancy too so I hope diminishes as quickly as it came -- but I fear the worst because as I am typing this I am wanting some of that fried goodness!  Uh oh...  It is really important for me to eat healthy because I can't exercise so I am going to try to hardest to resist the golden arch this week!  Wish me luck!
Eli enjoying his first children's meal at McDonald's - 16.5 months, am I a terrible mom or what?
Symptoms this Week:  Disrupted sleep.  I wake up so often during the night, either to pee or get comfortable, etc.  I know this is only going to get worse!  :(  Doesn't help that my hubby snores like the giant from Jack and the Bean Stock!  Thankfully, he is sweet enough to roll over if I nudge him a little.  Love you Babe!

Epiphany this Week: Babies grow up so quick!  :(  Mike put together a little video of Kate's first year with the pictures we had taken of her through out it.  This prompted us to look at Eli's first year video.  Of course, tears are running down my face the entire time.  He is so grown up!  I love this stage but miss him as a baby.  I pray that I will cherish every second of this baby girl's "babyhood" because the saying, "time flies" couldn't be truer when speaking of how quickly children grow!

What I am looking forward most for next week:  Trying to get back into somewhat of a normal routine.  The biggest challenge will be waking up before Eli to get ready.  I pray that I have the energy and motivation to do so because I feel so much better when I am showered and dressed to start the day.

What is different this time around? Everything.  No, but last time at 20 weeks I wrote about my waxing and waning belly.  Not so true this time.  Definitely belly, all the time.  It is a bit smaller in the morning but not much!

Belly pics:



Whoa! Baby!



With Eli -- May 2011
As always, thank you for your well wishes, thoughts and prayers.  Keep them coming!  

With Love Always,

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment