Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Friday, January 25, 2013

Time is (not) on my side. But, God is.

When I first found out I was pregnant I was in shock because it happened so fast.  I remember thinking and even expressing to Mike that I didn't want to talk much about being pregnant because I wanted to focus on just the three of us a little longer.  I recall saying that sometime around 20 weeks we could start chatting about it more.  I wanted to soak up the last nine months as a family of three.  I didn't want to miss a minute of Eli's 2nd year.  I knew our kids would be very close in age and I didn't want to deny Eli of any "alone" time he could get with Mike and I.

Fast forward 3 months.

We are about to hit the 20th week of our pregnancy.  Time is dragging along.  Minute after minute, hour after  hour.  Okay, I'll stop before this turns into a rap song.  :)  Anyways, now -- instead of wanting to embrace each day of this pregnancy -- I just want to press the fast forward button.  I want so badly for it to by June 22nd.  Heck, I'd even take the middle of May!  I just want to be holding my sweet baby girl in my arms and know that she is perfect and healthy.

I'm very envious of women who get to "enjoy" their pregnancies because truly it is such a miracle.  Growing a child inside of you is the BEST way to know there truly is a God.  That being said, I feel like I haven't given God enough credit lately.  God is so good to me -- even when I don't deserve it.  He has wrapped His arms around me during this process and given me little miracles (people praying, bible verses, testimonies of others, etc) along the way that have given me hope.  Where would I be with out Him?  I will say this -- I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt God planned this pregnancy.  There is a little life in me right now that He has some amazing plans for (whether they be on earth or in heaven).  No matter the outcome of this pregnancy -- I will never, ever doubt that.  God, thank you so much for my little girl.  Thank you for giving me this trial and please allow it to increase my faith in You.  Thank You for ALWAYS being on my side.

Romans

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

Can I get an AMEN?

No comments:

Post a Comment