Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thirty Nine Weeks: 9.7 - 9.13 -- My LAST pregnancy post!

*Writing in blue was completed after Eli arrived.  I was actually writing this post during my labor -- thank God for epidurals -- but before I could complete it I had to start pushing and 2.5 hours later we were greeting our precious Eli enter the world.  Since then he has been the center of our universe and I haven't been motivated to blog much.  :)  I am soon going to post his birth story -- stay tuned!

Wow!  What a week!  I can't believe this is my last pregnancy post!  I really wanted to make it to 40 weeks but like the Rolling Stones song says, You can't always get what you want and if you try sometime you find you get what you need.

Weekly events?

I forgot to mention last week that my sister had the fabulous idea of having a "Sister Day" and getting a pedicure.  It was wonderful.  Today, the nurses have commented on how good my toes look.  :)  And, I asked on FB how to enjoy my last 9 days of pregnancy and many friends replied: pedicure and date nights with Mike.

Besides that, Mike and I enjoyed a Saturday at Loose Park in KC -- the weather was beautiful and we enjoyed a picnic and taking Sammie for a walk.  If you remember that was one of my before baby to-do's.


At Price Chopper in LS picking up stuff for our picnic -- using the prego mommy spot!  Gotta love business who take care of pregnant women!

Mike, Sammie and I at Loose Park -- 4 days before the arrival of Eli!

If you didn't get a chance to read my last post, Our BIG scare, you can scroll down for the info.  Quick synopsis  -- Mike and I spent Sunday morning in the hospital due me losing a lot of blood.  Well, on Monday Mike worked late preparing for a board meeting.  He got home around 10ish and began to watch the Oakland/Raiders game which woke me up around 11:30.  I went to the bathroom and again saw bright red blood so we rushed to the hospital for the second time -- which was quite frightening. 

When we arrived at the hospital they took good care of us and luckily my doctor was the on-call doctor.  She decided to keep me over night.  That morning she checked me and I was dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced.  Dr. Trout (my OB) told us that she felt it was best to perform an induction on due to the bleeding.  Since it was about later in the morning at that point she wanted to wait until the following morning.  I chose to go home and rest.  I was very excited and had to take a tylenol PM to sleep.  Mike and I woke up at 4:30 to make it to the hospital by 5:30.  Read more about his "birth day" in my next post, Eli's Birth Story.

Baby Milestones this Week:  He's probably able to flex his limbs now.  His brain is still rapidly developing -- he's getting smarter by the week!  His nails may extend past his fingertips.

Best Moment of the Week:  Learning we were going to have Eli on 9.14.11! 

Obsession this Week: Making sure my classroom is ready for my long-term sub for the next 12 weeks.

Symptoms this Week:  Nesting.

What I'm looking forward to most next week:  Holding my precious son, Elijah Michael Stephens, kissing him, feeding him, talking to him, looking at him, loving him.  It has been the BEST time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment