Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dad's First Post

Hey Guys,

I must say that I am not quite the novelist that my wife is which is why I chose to become an accountant, and I want to keep this post short to spend as much time as possible with our new baby boy. But I wanted to share the much anticipated great news with our friends and family.

Elijah (Eli) Michael Stephens was born today September 14th, 2011 at 5:09pm. He weigh 8 lbs 7.1 ounces and was 20 inches long. Ali is doing great, but recovering from over two and a half hours of pushing, she was awesome!!! I must say I can't think of any other time that I have been more proud of my wife than today. She was so strong, and pushed and pushed like the little engine that could. I can say without a doubt that today is the best day of my life. The joy and emotion experienced today was amazing. He came out with quite a bit of hair, and we are thinking light brown at the moment but it is still early for those hoping for red.

Again I want to keep this short, but thank you all for your prayers and support throughout this entire journey, and below are some of our favorite pics taken today.

Our official bracelets

Ali's contractions
All belly
Sneaking a peek
 My beautiful bride
 Ali working on her week 39 post
 He's finally here
 Chest to Chest is Best!!! Awesome!!!
 Bright light
 My future linebacker
 With a cap
 Without a cap, look at that hair
 With our awesome nurse Karen, ps she was 37 weeks along
 From Auntie Libby and Uncle David





3 comments:

  1. Made me cry! So much love. Beautiful. Love, lib

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Mike! What a treasure this will be for Eli to be able to read your first thoughts and see those photos. Beautiful sentiments. He's lovely. Gotta love the photo with the cap on, too. Always like the baby tongue out shots. *giggle*

    Thank you for taking a moment to share this with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely beautiful! I'm amazed at God's little miracle. I love all three of you!! Aunt Margot

    ReplyDelete