Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Friday, August 5, 2011

Thirty Two 7.20 - 7.26 AND Thirty Three Weeks 7.27 - 8.2

Another Two for the Price of One blog post.  I was just talking with a teacher friend about going back to work.  Surprisingly, she said she was ready because she needs to get back into a routine.  It is funny that each summer I have high hopes of crossing many, many things off several lengthy summer to-do lists.  Then, at the end of the summer I feel a sense of let down and a twinge of guilt for not accomplishing what I intended to do.  However, you have to be one motivated person to make yourself get up each day and "work" when you don't have to.  I have to admit there were several days this summer that I chose to go to my parents' home to swim instead of work on my to-do.  I even started to forget what day of the week it was after summer school ended.  Hence, my lagging behind in my latest weekly blog posts.  Who knows -- maybe once school starts I'll be back to weekly posts; I hope so!

So, whats been going on the last couple of weeks?

On my 27th birthday we flew to New Orleans to meet two of my childhood best friends and their spouses.  Mike and I had such a great time!  We got to experience New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Lake Verret.  We strolled down Bourbon Street, visited the St. Louis Cathedral, saw Mike the Tiger at the LSU Stadium (real tiger!), swam in a lake with hundreds of alligators, and climbed a mountain of sugar -- literally!  Most of all, we enjoyed each other's company.  Mike and I agree that vacationing with friends is great! 
The gang in New Orleans!


Mike and I received our first beads on Bourbon Street!  And, no I didn't flash anything to get them!  I wonder how many I would have received if I flashed my big belly???
Loving on Eli right outside of St. Louis Cathedral.



Besties!

How many 8 month pregnant women can say they climbed a mountain of sugar?

Right when we returned Mike and I began our week-long VBS recreation class.  And, when I say right when we returned I mean it -- we went straight from the airport to our church!  It was from 6:00 - 8:30 each night for a week.  We had a lot of fun with the kiddos!  They are all so precious and so cute (especially our youngest group: 3yr olds)!  The kids loved: Red Light/Green Light, What time is it Mr. Dinosaur?, Elbow Tag, Frisbee games, and the Cheeto head game.  The three year olds were definitely the most challenging to keep entertained!  God bless pre-school teachers!  We found that bubbles and chalk kept them at least semi-occupied.  :) We thank God for this experience and for reminding us how precious He made children and how innocent and pure their love is.  Their prayers made our hearts melt!



This is a fun game in which two teams throw cheatos at the head of someone in the middle.  The cheatos stick because they are wearing a shower cap covered with shaving cream.  The team that gets the most cheatos stuck to their person's head wins!  Kids loved it!

That same week my mother, bless her heart, came over everyday to help my organize and deep clean!  It took us two full days to do just my kitchen.  I feel a lot better about Eli's arrival now that my home is clean and organized!  Thank you mom!

Friday July, 29th I had an OB appointment.  It went well.  Low blood pressure, measured well.  However, what does not working out combined with eating out all week while your own vacation equate to?  It adds FIVE pounds to the scale in two weeks!  That is a balance of 4lbs in the last month which is right on schedule.  I hope I don't balloon these last two months -- I'm becoming less mobile (yes, I'm waddling) but I also can't eat as much as I used to because I get full right away!  So, we'll see what happens.

That Saturday my sisters husband, David, threw Mike a Diaper Dump.  He hosted Mike's friends for a night of pizza and poker. In order for the guys to get in on the poker game they had to bring a box of diapers.  Lucky us!  Mike brought $50.00 for the winner but, according to him, before they got started he told them that he had full intentions of taking it home with him at the end of the night.  And, guess what?  He did!  He won!  We received over 700 diapers and lots of wipes, powder and Desitin!  Thanks guys! 

I went out with some girlfriends that night to Cafe Verona - yum!



On Monday, I went to a really neat breast feeding class with my friend Alyssa and her son Nate at St. Luke's in Lee's Summit.  I think I will definitely join the group once Eli comes!  I've heard so many personal breast feeding stories since I've been pregnant.  For some it comes so easy, for many others it is a tremendous challenge.  I think it will help me reach my goal (1 year) if I can surround myself with supportive women who also breast feed. 

Baby Milestones these Weeks: Week 32: Ready or not, Eli's getting ready to emerge. He' in the head-down position now, with his bottom facing up. This is the comfiest way for his body to fit in my increasingly cramped womb and will make his eventual exit much easier.
Week 33: Eli may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.
Best Moment of the Weeks: Wow, hard to decide.  It has been a wonderful couple of weeks.  Spending time with my two best friends AND hearing the prayers of the children at VBS.  Makes me so excited to have children and raise them knowing the love of Jesus Christ.

Obsessions this Week: Cleaning and organizing and a small dabble of decorating.

Symptoms this Week: Increased heartburn -- it keeps my up at night!  I've learned not to eat too close to bed time!  Tums have become a MUST in my daily diet.  Insomnia -- I'm not sure if this is due to just being uncomfortable or what but I hope I can start sleeping through the night by the time school starts again!

Epiphany this Week: Thank goodness for king sized beds, especially if you are pregnant!  Mike and I had to adjust to to sleeping in queens during our vacay and it was hard!  I was able to sleep but our bed felt so good when we got home!  I need my room now that I'm getting HUGE!

What I'm looking forward to most next week:  Last week of summer -- I intend to soak it up till the last drop!  The depression will soon start to set in though.  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE teaching but I also LOVE my summers!  And, this summer especially felt so short working into the middle of July.   

33 Week Belly Pics:

No comments:

Post a Comment