Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Twenty Nine Weeks: 6.29 - 7.5

If you didn't get a chance to read about week twenty eight scroll down!  And check out the countdown to right -- only 68 more days till Eli!  :)

Welcome July!  My favorite month of the year!  I like July because the temperature is almost always warm enough to go swimming and because it is my birthday month!  I was born on July 20, 1984 which means I'll be turning 27 here in a couple of weeks!  When I was a child I always thought I'd start having children around 22!  I sure was wrong!  And, I'm glad.  Not because there is anything wrong with having kids at age 22 but because I've really enjoyed my twenties with out the responsibilities I know will soon infiltrate my life.  I'm not sure if I'm ready for them now!  I keep thinking Am I really ready for this???

Yet another insanely busy week has plagued our household.  I say plagued because it is summer, I'm pregnant and I just want to relax!   I know I'm not even going to recognize what relaxation is starting in a couple of months so I want to enjoy all of the R&R I can get from now until then.  Unfortunately, our calendar fills up quick with projects, errands, and social engagements (I like those).  I did enjoy lots of time in my parents pool this week!  One day, my mom, sister and I took an evening dip in the pool and the water was surprisingly warm!  It was fun to (might I dare say it?) RELAX with them. 



My parents new pool!  It is so big!

On Thursday, Mike and I went to our monthly OB appointment.  My doctor was out of town so I saw another doctor.  I have gained exactly 10 lbs -- to the ounce -- since my first OB appointment.  My belly measured at 29 cm which is right on for where it should be.  And, my blood pressure has always been low.  So, overall I think we're pretty healthy!  :)  We have now graduated from the monthly appointment to the bi-monthly appointments.  Eli's arrival is getting closer and closer and we are SO excited to meet him!  :) 

Our Independence Day weekend was jam packed with fun!  Friday, Mike and I hosted a cook out for my family to celebrate the 4th and my brother-in-law, David's, birthday.  We then headed to our city's Fireworks at Legacy Park.  While we waited for the show to begin Mike and I played bags and even though I started ahead he beat me two games to one.  He is so athletic -- I hope Eli takes after him in this category. 


Mike grilling us some tasty burgers.

Okay, I look huge in this shot but I'm really not that big I swear! 

David blowing out his candles!  My mom made a tasty icecream cake!

My mom and dad, aren't they a good looking couple?

My mom loving on Eli!

Mike working his way to a bags win!


A shot Mike got of our awesome fireworks show here in LS.
 On Saturday, Mike and I...drum roll please...crossed off 'floating a lazy river' off my baby bucket list!  We went to Summit Waves for the afternoon and it was really fun.  I enjoyed watching Mike show all the little kiddies up on the diving board and we both had a blast flying down the water slides!  Love spending time with my husband.  That evening Mike had a bachelor party for his friend, Ryan.  They got a party bus and spent most of the evening (and early morning) at down town LS.  I picked him up at 2am and what was he doing?  Helping the bus driver clean the bus!  Yes, this is my husband.  He never ceases to amaze me -- his mother must have done something right because he is so courteous and respectful!  Thanks Mrs. Stephens for raising the best husband in the world!  Ryan and Amie's Wedding was Sunday and it was so gorgeous!  The weather was perfect and the bride was beautiful!  Mike was a groomsmen and looked especially hot in his tux! :) Best of all I got to sit with two moms who have had sons in the past couple of months and they gave me lots of helpful advice!

Photo booth pics of Mike and I from the wedding - how cool!

Baby Milestones this Week: Eli's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath his skin. And since he's growing so fast (weight may triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. What all this means for me: more kicks and jabs to the ribs.
Best Moment of the Week:  I'd have to give this one to floating the lazy river with Mike.  We had so much fun laying on our double tube, chatting and enjoying the hot summer sun.  It was so hot that Mike made sure to manipulate our tube so that every fountain hit us perfectly!  Love my hubby!

Obsessions this Week: Golden Girls and Frazer.  Two of my absolute favorite shows.  The hallmark channel plays back-to-back of both of these everyday!  I'm glad to have some TV "friends" around to humor me while Mike is at work.

I may be a dork but these ladies crack me up!
Symptoms this Week:  I'm not sure if this is pregnancy related but I keep waking up with kinks in my neck!  So annoying!  I even bought a cervical pillow but it hasn't helped.  :(  Anyone else experience this in pregnancy?

Epiphany this Week: God choose me to be Eli's mom.  My sister and I watched the movie Letter's to God on Saturday night about a little boy who has cancer and writes to God about his experience.  During his journey he realizes that God chose him to have cancer to use as a tool to spread God's truth to others.  His mother struggles with anger towards God for allowing this to happen to her precious son but eventually she is strengthened by her son's amazing spirit and realizes God's presence in their life.  It is a very inspirational movie.  As a mother, I hope that I can always see how blessings can come from burdens.  I know there are no accidents when it comes to God and that he planned Mike and I to be Eli's earthly parents.  We have already dealt with some heartache because of Eli's kidney condition but God has been so good.  I also hope, maybe even through this blog, that I can help other mother-to-be's who know their children have hydronephrosis.

What I'm looking forward to most next week: Summer school finally coming to close!  After six weeks, I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready to throw in the towel and have a true summer!  I must make the best of the four weeks I have left!

Week 29 Belly Pics:

No comments:

Post a Comment