Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Twenty Eight Weeks: 6.22 - 6.28

Twenty Eight Weeks - I can't believe it!  Time is flying!  This week turned out to be quite a fun and productive week! 

Fun
Mike and I had dinner on Friday night at our friends Lindsey and Andrew's house in LS.  Their grill was good to us!  We were thrilled that they graciously allowed us to bring our Sammie girl.  They are parents to two precious and very athletic dogs and we had fun playing keep away in their back yard with all three dogs.  Our poor Sammie girl couldn't handle the heat and ended up throwing up twice -- thankfully we were outside.  Sorry guys! 
Andrew giving treats to all three dogs -- they sure know what to do when food is around!  :)

On Sunday, Mike played a round of golf and afterward we went to our friends Mike and Amber's community pool for a dip to cool off.  The boys did laps while Amber and I had fun chatting on our noodles. :) 

Productive
Mike and I spent all day Saturday shopping and doing projects for Eli's room and our home.  I have to admit that I enjoy doing home projects with Mike IF they can be completed in one day and you can see how your hard work paid off.  :)  We are very excited about our "Family" wall for Eli's room.  We plan to put pictures of Mike's and my family in the frames.  This way our family -- whether near or far -- will always be smiling on Eli!  We also spray painted our lanterns and storm door and they look 100X better.  Spray paint is great!


We found the mats that match Eli's bedding at hobby lobby and then spray painted cheap frames white.  We found the letters at Michael's and painted them to match the matting.  Can't wait to get the pictures in them!

Baby Milestones this Week: Eli's lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, he has a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). His skin is still pretty wrinkly (one byproduct of living in amniotic fluid) but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit.

Best Moment of the Week: 
On Monday, my mother and I visited my cousin Kurt and his wife Jessica in NKC.  They had invited us up to give us some of their son's toys, clothes, shoes and even a crib for my mom!  And, when I say some I mean ALOT!  I am once again completely floored by the generousity of our friends and family.  I don't think we will have to buy Eli any clothes during his second year of life thanks to Kurt, Jess, and Aiden!  Jessica also gave me a HUGE bag full of stylish maternity clothes that fit me perfectly!  I have had so much fun wearing my new maternity wardrobe this week!  Thanks so-so much guys!

Kurt, me and Jess -- Love them!

One huge bin full of 12 mo to 24 mo clothes, another huge bin full of blankets and other goodies, a big bag of toys, and the cutest diaper bag!
And, all these adorable shoes!  Can't wait to see Eli's feet in them!  Thanks for sharing Aiden!  XOXO

Obsessions this Week: Napping.  Aren't naps just heavenly?  I think they are even better when you are pregnant.  I'm not much of a napper but lately after summer school I've plopped down on the couch and Zzz'ed an hour or so with Sam.  Part of me feels guilty like I'm wasting my summer away but another part of me tells me, "It is okay -- you're pregnant!  You need the rest."  You can tell which part I've been listening to lately.  :)

Symptoms this Week: Is there such thing as pregnancy PMS?  Lately, I've been cranky.  I'm not sure exactly why but if I had to make a guess I'd say summer school is beginning to wear on me.  The first session went really fast but this second session is dragging and the students are, well, not the ones I'm used to.  I really hope 4 weeks off is enough to rejuvinate before the school year begins!

Epiphany this Week: Have you ever heard the statement Large and in Charge?  Yeah, well I fit the "large" part but I am no longer "in charge"!  It is difficult to get off the couch, it is difficult to shave in shower,  and it is even becoming difficult to tie my shoes!  I can't believe that Eli will double and maybe even triple in size in the next 12 weeks!  No stretch marks yet, my fingers may be crossed but I'm not counting on anything at this rate of growth!

What I'm looking forward to most next week: A little late to be writing about this since it already is next week!  However, Mike and I spent the week looking forward to our friends Ryan and Amie's Wedding which was on July 3rd.  Mike was a groomsmen and the wedding was absolutely gorgeous!  Congrats guys!  I'm kinda sad thinking that it was our last wedding as only the two of us.  Weddings are always so romantic for Mike and I and they help us remember the commitment we made to each other almost 4 years ago!

Week 28 Belly Pics:

No comments:

Post a Comment