Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Twenty Seven Weeks: 6.15 - 6.21

Hello, third trimester!  :)  I can't believe that in only 3 shorts months Eli will be here!  And, the weeks just seem to get busier and go faster!  Dear Lord help us utilize this short amount of time wisely! 

What was on the Stephens' calendar this week?

Tues: My first Preggo Pedicure! 
Wed: Prenatal Massage -- and I was especially lucky this time to have two massage therapist work on me at one time.  Seriously!  I was in heaven.  How did I get this lucky?  My usual therapist had a cancellation and wanted to to join in our session to learn the other therapists' techniques.  Needless to say I was I happy camper.  :)  That night Mike and I had dessert with some friends in LS.  Yummy food and fun times!
Thurs:  My Principal's sending off party at Outback.  :(
Fri: I had lunch with a teacher friend, Alyssa, and her 3 month old baby boy.  I had a blast asking "what to expect" questions and seeing first hand what I get to look forward to 6 months from now!  Then I headed over to Longview to lay out with another teacher friend, Stephanie.  Gorgeous pool and good times!  That night we celebrated Father's Day for my dad and Mike too.  We grilled kabobs at our house and then went to a free 60's and 70's era concert in down town LS.  My mom and dad loved the music and Mike and I enjoyed the company!
My father and I, don't we look alike?

Mike, me and Eli!
 
Mike's "Daddy-to-Be" Father's Day gift :)


Father's Day gifts from Eli :)
Sat: Mike and I headed to NKC to visit friends of ours, Jyl and Connor, at their pool.  The weather was gorgeous and the company was even better!  The 100 proof sun screen I bought worked too - after 4 hrs in the sun I usually would be toasted but I didn't even get red! 
Sun: Mike played a full round of golf while I stayed home and did housework. This next weekend will be his 4th in a row of playing golf with friends.  Lucky him right?  I'm happy that he is able to play a sport he is so passionate about and still be able to walk the next week --Mike has a bum knee and can't play sports that require too much physical exertion because he'd be in so much pain afterwards.  He says he needs to get his golf  "fix" in this summer before Eli comes because he won't be able to play as much once we have kids...  We'll see about that!  :)
Mon: Nebraska Furniture Mart dropped of our old, but new couch.  Old because it is the same one we've had and new because it is new.  Our $80.00 warranty sure paid off.  After four years it was beginning to look and feel a little raggedy.  But, now it is back to its new state -- firm and pet stain free --  I'm happy we did this before Eli. 


Baby Milestones this Week: Eli's lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means he's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. The lack of air in my womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid, but hey -- it's progress.

Best Moment of the Week: My first professional pedicure since October 2008.  Wow, was it great!  My pedicurist, Angela, works at the same salon that I go to get my hair done: Sei Bella in Lee's Summit.  She was amazing!  It was very relaxing and my toes look so good!  I scheduled another appointment for the day before we leave for Louisiana.  I figure I can pamper myself during my third trimester, right ladies? 

Obsessions this Week:  Making to-do lists.  I've decided I need a pre-baby bucket list.  On it will be the usuals: cleaning, organizing, take classes, etc. as well as some personal things I'd like to do with Mike before baby such as: take Sammie to the dog park at least once a week, go to a water park and ride the lazy river all afternoon, have a picnic just the two of us, play a full round of golf together, read scriptures each night before we head to bed, and have Mike plan one last romantic date night for us.  This is just a start... 

Symptoms this Week:  Braxton Hicks Contractions.  I had just gotten an email from whattoexpect.com stating that sometime in the next couple of weeks I would experience these.  And, sure enough, on Sunday while out to eat with Mike and my sister I noticed that my belly contracted and felt extremely hard.  I had both of them feel my rock-hard (literally) abs, oops, I mean bump!  Then a few minutes later my belly was back to normal.  According to whattoexpect.com, these contracts have nothing to do with labor (thank goodness!) and it is just my uterus practicing for the big day! 

Epiphany this Week:  Telling someone you believe in them is powerful.  This week I found out my amazing principal is leaving SLMS to take on a HS principal position in the district.  Not only was this a complete surprise but also very devastating to me.  I've worked under two principals in my short career and I can not even begin to explain how awesome it is to work under someone who is constantly lifting you up -- that is what my principal at SLMS did for me.  On Thursday, our staff met at Outback Steak House to send her off with well wishes.  It was a good time and, before I left, I was able to express to her how much she has meant to me the past three years.  But, when I got into my car to drive home I unexpectantly broke down and called Mike barely able to speak because I was so choked up.  All I could say was that she believed in me and I don't know if I'll ever work under another principal who will be able to encourage me the way she did.  Fortunately, Mike was able to calm me down so I could drive home safely.  :)  My principal believed in me and because of that I am a better, more confidant teacher.  This "epiphany" has made me realize how important it for me to believe in my students and even more important to believe in Eli.  I hope I can instill in him the confidence and courage to dream big and accomplish his goals. 

What I'm looking forward to most next week:  My parents bought a 4.5ft deep and 34ft round pool for our family to enjoy during the hot summers here in MO.  I can't remember a time in my life that my parents did not have a pool (except for the last couple of years) and growing up I had the best times swimming in them.  I could (and, still can) spend all day in the pool.  I hope little Eli loves the water as much as I do!  I can't wait to put him in his little trunks next summer and splash around in the pool with him.  But for now, me and my big belly will enjoy the water and sunshine.  Thanks mom and dad for the free (for us) entertainment!

Week 27 Belly Pics:


1 comment:

  1. You are so beautiful pregnant. I love you and believe in you. Lib

    ReplyDelete