Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Monday, May 2, 2011

Twenty Weeks 4.27 - 5.2

It is finally here -- the half way point!  Yay!  Today I have been pregnant for 140 days and I have 140 days until my due date!  Unbelievable.  I am thrilled to reach this milestone in pregnancy -- but 140 days seems like an eternity to wait in order to meet our precious baby!  Oh, I am so excited I can hardly stand it!  When Mike and I found out that we were pregnant I was so thrilled but I was also very glad that we had another eight months just the two of us.  That being said, the further I get into my pregnancy the more anxious I am for the arrival of our little bundle of joy!  You'll be glad to know that I am still enjoying Mike and I's "just the two of us" time; it is just hard to hold back the excitement!

It has been a cloudy, cool week here in KC -- hopefully May will bring some sun and warmer weather to us Missourians.  Besides the weepy weather, I had another reason to pout this week .  No cell phone.  Thank goodness I was born in the 20th century because I'm not sure I could go longer than a week with out my iphone.  It is my connection to the my husband, family, friends, email, news, FB, and more.  This is not the first time I've lost my cell phone; about a year ago I misplaced my Sprint Centro which actually turned out to be a blessing because I got to jump on my in-laws family plan and receive my beloved iphone and unlimited data package.  This time is different though -- I can't even blame it on pregnancy.  Mike and I are sure that my phone is in our home -- somewhere.  We both saw it (and, I used it) Sunday morning before we left for church and we know I didn't take it with us because the first thing I did on the way to church was grab for my phone in my purse and it wasn't there, so I figured I left it at home and we would find it when we got back.  Boy, was I wrong!  After 20 hours of searching (home, car, purse) Mike and I gave up and resigned to the fact that I was just going to have to get a new one.  A very depressing day.  So, I'll be sending a FB message out asking for your phone numbers soon!  I hope the baby gets Mike's keen organizational skills and not my absentmindedness.  :)

Baby Milestones This Week: Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid.





Best Moment of the Week:  Mike and I have a check list of home improvement to-do's we'd like to get accomplished before baby.  We got to check two items off our list on Saturday.  #1 - the installation of an over the tank vanity in the bathroom.  #2 - new smoke alarm and paint touch up.  Yay for us!

Obsessions this Week:  Getting organized.  In my search for my cell phone I started to clean and organize (which if I'm in the right mood is actually quite fun for me).  The more I cleaned the more I organized and it spurred a whole week of cleaning and organizing.  I know it is too early to be "nesting" but I do desire to make an orderly home for my husband and children.  Hopefully I can keep this up when the baby arrives.  One website I love to use is flylady.com.  She has some really good tips about how to get started and stay organized!  Thank you flylady!

Symptoms this Week:  Waxing and Waning belly.  One day I feel huge and the next day I swear I wake up with a flat belly.  Today at school you would have had no clue that I'm nearly five and a half month pregnant.  Tomorrow will be a different story.  I'm sure it all has to do with how much I've eaten and so forth. 

Epiphany this Week:  Baby items are expensive!  Mike and I registered at Target for a baby shower my team is throwing me at school on May 10th (so sweet of them!).  Wo!  So much to choose from and so pricey as well!  I'm just going to throw this out there -- hand-me-downs are welcomed in the Stephens household!  :)  A baby may be expensive but so, so worth it! 

What I am looking forward most for next week:  I'm sure you can all guess this one!  It is find out the baby's gender week -- Friday at 4:30 to be precise!  Soooo exciting! Pink or blue?  Our poll shows that 43% of you think it will be a boy, 48% a girl, and 7% are undecided.  Next week, you'll get to see if you were right! 

Either way, Mike and I will be thrilled!  And, then on to nursery colors and baby clothes shopping!  :)

Belly pics:


And, one with Sammie and her little brother or sister!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pic of your belly and Sammie girl! How cute! Frame that, girly! :) Love you and I love reading your blog. I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl!!!! So exciting!!! I can't stand the suspense!!!!! Hope you have a good week. Love you. :) Lib

    ReplyDelete