Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Friday, May 27, 2011

Twenty Three Weeks 5.18 - 5.24

A very eventful week at the Stephens' household!  The most exciting news is.....drum roll please......Baby Stephens is officially Baby Eli!  Well, 99% official.  But, official enough to make this announcement.  We will be welcoming Elijah Michael Stephens sometime in mid September!  We plan on calling him Eli the majority of the time.  How cute right?  Can't wait to meet him!

So..what did Eli get to do this week?  He played his first round of golf with Daddy, went on his first bike ride, and bowled a 136 at Aunt Libby's birthday party!  He also helped daddy paint the garage.  All while in the warmth and comfort of mommy's tummy of course!  :)



Other exciting news:  Mike and I booked tickets to New Orleans on July 20th (my 27th birthday).  It will be a pre-wedding celebration, best friends reunion, and baby moon wrapped up in one trip!  We will be meeting my best friend, Carrie and her hubby, Tyler  in N.O. and then traveling to Baton Rouge to my other best friend's, Katrina and her fiance, Rufus' house.  I can't wait!!!  I will be 32 weeks (beginning of my 8th month) pregnant.  Hopefully I will be feeling as a good as I do now! 

Baby Milestones this Week: Eli's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for Eli: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples! 

Best Moment of the Week: On Monday night Mike and I drove out to my parents' house to pick up a bike Mike wanted to get from my dad.  While we were visiting, my mom got to feel baby Eli kick!  And it was a big kick too!  The three of us (Mom, baby and me) very much enjoyed the experience!  Now, when is this baby going to kick when Mike's hands are on my tummy???  Soon I hope!

Obsessions this Week: Watermelon!  I've eaten 3 watermelons this week!  Yes, by myself.  I've always loved the fruit but right now I'm crazy for it!

Symptoms this Week:  Sacrum pain!  I had some pretty horrible pains near my tailbone on the right side.  At times, I could barely sit down or get up (stabbing - type pains).  All I can say is thank God for Chiropractors!  A couple of visits and I feel much better!  And, I think it is safe to say I'm to the point of the  'weekly' massage.  :)

Epiphany this Week:  It takes a strong woman to mother and teach!  I have no idea how I am going to juggle being a mother and teaching.  This past week has been so busy, as the end of the school year always is.  (Hence, why this blog post is so late!) I've barely been able to keep my house clean.  It has made me a little nervous for next year.  Mike encouraged me to resign from Student Council but I've already resigned from cheerleading and I'm not sure how much more money we can afford to cut out of my paycheck -- especially considering we aren't getting a raise for the 3rd year in a row and I won't be getting the $4,000.00 I was expecting for my masters. So, I think I will continue to sponsor StuCo.  I have a new found respect for my mother who taught while raising my sister and I.  She was also able to keep our house clean and make dinner every night.  How did you do it mom?  I hope I can be a supermom like you! 

What I'm looking forward to most next week:  SUMMER VACATION! :)  Minus the 6 weeks of summer school I'll be teaching -- I will survive, right?

Week 23 Belly Pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment