Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nineteen Weeks 4.20 - 4.26

Well, we are getting closer!!!  I can't believe I'm nearly half way through my pregnancy!  On one hand, I'm freaking out because Sept 19th seems so close and we still have so much yet to do and, on the other, I'm so anxious for the date to arrive because I can't wait to meet our precious child!!!

Not too much happening in Mike and I's world this week.  We were both busy with work.  And, for all the teachers who read the blog -- don't shortened weeks seem like the longest ones?  I think it is because we are so excited to have a long weekend it makes the week drag on. 

Mike and I have been LS restaurant connoisseurs lately.  This week we went to Houlihans twice, La Fluente and the infamous Taco Bell.  Good for our kitchen sink, bad for our budget.  It has been nice not to have to cook and, especially nice not have to clean, but I am ready to start tackling my kitchen duties once again for the sake of our health and our pocket books. 

Easter Sunday has always been a special day in the Angell household.  I was very blessed to grow up knowing the true meaning of Easter.  I knew that God sent His Son into the world to die on a cross so that I might spend eternity with Him in heaven.  Each Easter Sunday we gathered with fellow believers to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  As I've gotten older Easter has only gotten sweeter and sweeter.  I've realized how much God loves me and how desperately I need His Son's sacrifice.  This Easter was especially sweet -- Mike and I went to church together and heard a great sermon given by my father.  The service ended with the song, "Glorious Day" by Casting Crowns (I just added it as the first song on the blog's playlist) and Mike and I both were moved to tears by the Holy Spirit. (See lyrics below) We then met my sister and her husband at my parents for an excellent dinner, fun games, and great conversation.  I hope that Mike and I can lead our children to the Lord and that they would enjoy Easter for what it is -- the Hope of our salvation through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ.  Hallelujah!

One day when Heaven was filled with His praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin
Dwelt among men, my example is He
Word became flesh and the light shined among us
His glory revealed


Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He’s coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day


One day they led Him up Calvary’s mountain
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me


One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then He arose, over death He had conquered
Now He’s ascended, my Lord evermore
Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him
From rising again


One day the trumpet will sound for His coming
One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my Beloved One, bringing
My Savior, Jesus, is mine

And a couple old Easter pics of my sister and I - how cute were we?  :)




Baby Milestones This Week:  Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.)


Obsessions of the Week:  Mike and I have been looking through baby names.  My goal was to have a solid boy and girl name picked out before we went to our May 6th ultrasound.    We are 99% sure we know the name if the baby turns out to be a girl.  We will share the name with everyone once we officially know the gender.  As for our boy names, we are still very unsure.  Here are some of our favorites!  No negative comments please!  :)

Mike's top picks:                         
Alexander Michael Stephens                     
Alec Michael                                                              
Brooks Michael                                                               
Carter Michael

Ali's top picks:    
Christian Michael  
Bennett Michael 
James Michael
Jacob Michael  

Names we both like:
Christian Michael
Elijah Michael
Cameron Michael


Symptoms of the Week:  LOTS more baby movement!  I feel the baby everyday now and sometimes for minutes at a time.  I am even beginning to recognize what times of the day the baby is usually awake!  I have to say that I love this!  It is so much fun to feel him or her squirming around in my belly!

Epiphany of the Week:  Motherhood could be renamed Worryhood (I'll remind you that I think this trait is in my genes).  Ever since my tick bite I've been a unable to be at ease thinking about the health and development of my growing child.  I know that stressing out isn't good for the baby or for me -- but it is so hard not to do!  On Friday there wasn't any school and I had my plans to visit Lara, a good friend, and her 2.5 month old son in NKC but I woke up and to my dismay the area in which I had been bitten had started to develop a circular rash around it -- reminded me of the "bulls eye" rashes I had seen in my research but not quite the same.  So I called my doctor and left a message with the nurse.  My parents were in LS and decided they would take me to an Urgent Care Clinic just in case my doctor couldn't see me.  The doctor said that it mildly resembled a bulls eye rash and that he felt it was more of a topical skin infection from the skin be open to bacteria.  He ordered that I go on some antibiotics and we asked if this is what he would prescribe for his own wife and he said yes.  ***The great thing about the visit was the he was able to use a doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat.  My mom, dad and I all got to hear the precious tones!  It was 137 bpm -- a steady decline from 164, 140 and now 137.  It should stay about this until birth.  I still wasn't completely sure I wanted to take the antibiotics and asked 3 different pharmacist for their opinions -- all seemed to be in agreeance that it was A-Okay to take while pregnant.  Mike and I decided to hold off one day and see how the rash looked in the morning.  The next day, I was administered to by two wonderful elders in my church and couldn't help but cry.  I decided to go ahead and take the antibiotics and the today the rash is nearly gone!  Praise the Lord!  Please continue to say prayers for this situation -- thank you!

What I'm most looking forward to next Week: Reaching the half way point.  Right now I have 146 days to go and I've been pregnant 134 days -- so the exact middle is 140 days: 6 days from now!  Very excited!  I wonder if the last 140 days will go as quickly as the first?  I'm kind of doubting it because I'm already so anxious to meet him or her!!!

Week 19 Belly pics:

*** Didn't realize how huge this maternity dress makes me look - from all angles!  Oh my!



1 comment:

  1. This has been my favorite post! I love the old pics of you and I on Easter. So many fond memories. Dad always hid the eggs so well. I remember wanting to find the eggs with money or chocolate in them. I probably made you trade my jelly bean eggs for your chocolate ones. Ha! :-) okay....I love, love, LOVE the name Bennett!!!!!! That's my vote all the way. I do like them all. Love your maternity dress. Too cute. It was so great spending Easter with you and Mike. God is awesome. Love you and stop worrying. Easier said than done! Love you!

    ReplyDelete