Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fourteen Weeks 3.15 - 3.21

***If you haven't gotten a chance to vote on the gender or hair color there is a poll in the column to the right -- we'd love to see your forecast!  Also, I've made it a whole lot easier to leave comments at the bottom of each post if you feel compelled.  We plan on making this blog into a book for our baby so your thoughts are sure to make a special touch!

The beginning of my second trimester has been fabulous.  Not only have my early pregnancy symptoms disappeared but this week was my school's spring break!  Not having to work makes me a very happy pregnant lady.  :)  Mike always looks forward to my breaks as well because he knows he can come home to a clean house and a cooked meal.  I have to admit, I love playing housewife during my time off -- perks to the profession of teaching!

This week we also celebrated St. Patty's Day by making an "Green" meal.  I invited my family over and the weather was so nice that we were able to eat outside!  Below is a very fuzzy pic of my parents on our patio.  I'm getting used to our SLR and didn't realize I had to change the setting from manual to automatic. 


Baby Milestones this week:  The baby is now busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over his or her body for warmth.
Best Moment of the Week:  This one is a tie:

1. Aunt Libby (my sister) surprised us again with cute baby clothes and blankets and even a mirror to put in your backseat so you can see your baby!  She has spoiled our little peanut rotten already -- clothes, blankets, toys, bath items and more!  Really, she puts us to shame.  We haven't bought hardly anything for the baby yet.  Our excuse is that we are waiting to know the gender -- 6 more weeks!

2. I received my 3rd pre-natal massage this week.  It was glorious!  I'm going to have to brag on my Chiropractor for a minute -- His name is Dr. Zach Jameson and he practices at The Chiropractic Health Center here in LS with his mother and brother.  It is a great place to go to receive all types of wellness care: chiropractic, acupuncture, physical and message therapy.  Dr. Zach really takes his time with me and describes everything in detail.  I've been going to him for a year and don't plan on leaving!  I'm very lucky because my insurance covers unlimited chiropractic care with no copay.  So, yes, I get FREE hour-long massages from wonderful masseuses.  Dr. Zach told me to schedule one weekly but for now I am going to go bi-weekly.  I'm sure as I get bigger and more uncomfortable I will take him up on that offer.  If you are interested in The Chiropractic Health Center -- there is a link in the column to the right under "Ali's Favorite Pregnancy Websites".

Obsessions of the Week:  Vinegar!  I love Sea Salt and Vinegar chips.  I bought a bag and two days later -- it is gone.  Also, I've been munching on sliced cucumber doused with vinegar, olive oil and dill (a recipe my dear friend Sabine taught us). 

Symptoms this Week:  Disrupted sleep.  I find myself waking up several times during the night and can't seem to get comfortable.  This kind of scares me because I know it will be 10X worse when I start to really grow.

Epiphany of the Week:  Swimming is going to be my new favorite exercise!  I went twice this week and it was wonderful!  Mike joined me the second time and we had fun.  BTW for all my pregnant or soon to be pregnant friends -- it is thought that women who are pregnant should not get into hot tubs but new research shows that hot tubs do no harm to the baby!  Yay for us!  How do I know this?  Listen to the latest pregtastic show on birth defects and you can find out for yourself -- there is a link to pregtastic in the right column as well.

What I'm Most Looking Forward to next week:  I'm getting my hair highlighted on Friday!  :)  I haven't had it highlighted since last summer!  I was trying to grow out my natural color so that when the baby came I wouldn't be spending so much money on maintaining my hair.  I'm proud that I lasted this long but, I can't take the dark any longer!  I think it will boost my self esteem -- especially since I've started to pack on the pregnancy pounds!  For me, the saying is true -- blonde's have more fun.

Week 14 Belly Pics: 
 


1 comment:

  1. Babe - this is such an awesome idea and I love you and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete