Stephens Family

Stephens Family

Saturday, March 12, 2011

1st Trimester Ups and Downs

As we head into our second trimester, we wanted to reflect on the ups and downs of pregnancy.  :)

Ups:
1. The day we found out.  After months and months of negative pregnancy tests -- it was a miracle to see a second line! 
2. Telling our friends and loved ones.  The outpouring of love and excitement was AMAZING!  This baby is going to have so many people who love him or her.  :)  Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and friends!
3. Seeing and hearing the baby's heart beat at 8 weeks and then again hearing it at 12 weeks.
4. Listening to my new favorite podcast -- Pregtastic.  This podcast has over 200 stored episodes and a new one each week focusing on everything from breastfeeding to clothe vs. disposable diapers.  They have experts on to talk about the topics and a panel of pregnant women who also share their opinions and questions.  I love it!  If you are pregnant make sure to check it out!
5. Browsing for baby stuff -- online and at the stores.  Baby stuff got a whole lot cuter all of the sudden!
6. Praying with Mike.  Mike and I have made it a habit to pray for our precious growing one!  We know he or she is truly an answered prayer!
7. First trimester symptoms subsiding!  Hallelujah! 

Downs:
1. EXTREME exhaustion.  People tell you how terribly exhausted you will be in your first trimester but I don't think anyone can prepare you for it!  Wow!  I could barely get myself off the couch from the 6th-10th weeks.  It got me really depressed because our house started to look like a tornado had run through it!  Thank God I have my energy back!
2. Food aversions.  Meat?  No way!  Vegetables?  Yuk!  Seriously, for a few weeks all I had for dinner was McDonald's smoothies.  Thank goodness for prenatals because there is no way I was getting all of the vitamins I needed to grow tiny organs!  :)
3. Bloodhound nose.  I could smell anything -- and most smells made me gag!  I couldn't even wear perfume.
4. Keeping the secret!  When you are so excited about having a baby you want to shout it from the roof tops, but, we decided to wait until the end of the first trimester just to make sure.  This was really hard to do!
5. Tight pants.  Enough said.  :(


Here are some pics of my belly at 12 weeks (Don't be fooled though -- I think most of the "bump" is just chub :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment