Wow! Eli has changed so much this month -- it is unbelievable! He is such a cutie! He is smiling and laughing now, especially in the morning with mommy! I'm going to miss this time terribly when I got back to work in three weeks! :(
|Eli's great uncle Scott holding and talking to him!|
|My mom's sister and Eli's great aunt Margot giving Eli some special love!|
Next, Mike's parents came in from CA! They arrived on Saturday, October 22nd and stayed through the 29th. Eli loved meeting his Oma and Opa! Eli calls Mike's parents Oma and Opa because that is what he called his grandparents. It means grandma and grandpa in German. We got to explore KC with them, had lots of tasty food, and spent the majority of the time just hanging out at our house and loving on Eli. They were so good with Eli -- baby pros! Eli soaked up all of their attention and love. I learned a lot from Mike's mom that week -- 1. He likes a good firm pat on the back 2. He loves listening to nursery rhymes via iphone and 3. He is happy hanging out in the Baby Bjorn. Eli misses his Oma and Opa so much and he can't wait for Christmas to cuddle with them again.
|Eli's first cuddle with his Oma.|
|We met Mike's parents at the airport and handed Eli over for a quick picture -- love at first sight!|
|Eli and his grandparents at Nelson-Atkins.|
|He loves to cuddle and play with his Oma and Opa!|
|My bestfriend Carrie and her husband Tyler -- made the trip from Indianapolis to meet precious Eli!|
|Care loving on Eli!|
We've also had visits from our friends Amie, Ashley and Matt, and Lindsey and Andrew. Everyone thinks he is so cute and loves to cuddle with him.
|My friend Amie (from GU) and Eli!|
Eli's First Halloween was fun! He was a little monkey and, boy, was he cute! He didn't want any candy though -- just sweet tasting breast milk! :P
|Eli with daddy and co-workers babies at his work! Kiddos go trick-or-treating around to all the cubes. How fun1|
|Eli with his friends at bf support group. He is in the second row between the pumpkin and the hamburger!|
What did Eli dig this month?
|My Chub Rock! Drowsy -- We call this "milk coma." :)|
2. Cooing and Baby-Talking. Eli is talking up a storm! He is especially verbal in the mornings while on his changing table. Funny, huh? He will mimic us too! So sweet!
3. Baby Bjorn. Mike's parents pulled this out on their visit and discovered that he would spend up to an hour in this just as content as could be.
4. Working out with Daddy. Mike says he is going to patent a work out for parents and infants. He can work out all of his muscle groups using Eli as a weight. Eli doesn't mind being daddy's dumb bell :) They usually do this when I go to bed at night.
5. Being and looking outside. When Eli cries I can take him outside and he will stop crying on the spot. He loves to look around and feel the soft breeze on his face.
|With grandpa on the swing -- loving this warm November weather!|
|On the swing at grandma and grandpa's house with daddy!|
7. Fist chewing. Eli started to chew on his fists just recently. He also has begun to drool. This made me concerned thinking that he was possibly starting to teeth already! But after talking with other mommies this behavior seems pretty normal for his age -- Thank God!
8. Bouncing, bouncing, bouncing and more bouncing
9. Swinging in the Johnny Jumper -- he loves this and falls asleep in it quite often.
10. Napping with daddy! He gets his love of sleep from his dad!
1. Eli still isn't very fond of being changed when he is sleepy.
2. Being awake in the carseat -- he hates this! I better have a binky ready for him or I'm in for it! I've had to pull over a couple of times to settle him down and/or feed him.
Two Month Milestones:
Social Smile :)
Lots of baby talking going on - cooing, Ah-goo, etc
Little giggles here and there
Batting at toys
He can hold his head steady when upright
Lift head momentarily when on stomach
|Here I go!|
|I said momentarily!|